Biggest regret of my life

I cheated on my boyfriend

Thursday, November 19, 2015 9:42 PM by Bella Rating: +23|-18

One of the biggest regrets I have in my life is cheating on my boyfriend (now ex).

We dated for a long time and it was the best relationship I was ever in. We were happy, and everything was care free. We are both in college so sometimes we would let the stress of everything get the best of us, we'd fight, but it'd resolve within a couple of hours.

After two consecutively stressful months, he started to ignore me, treat me poorly, and he didn't prioritize me. I felt like I was nothing to him, I still loved him to death and I didn't want to leave.

When he was ignoring me, I would end up talking with other guys and this one guy I used to see all the time wanted to hang out and he brought happiness back into my life, he knew how to deal with stress.. But here's where I went wrong. I told the guy I was single so countless amounts of nights I would end up hooking up with him. He made me feel good unlike my boyfriend, but like I said I still loved my boyfriend at the end of the day.

My boyfriend at the time never found out and he still doesn't know.

This is the first time this has come out of me, not even my best friend knows.

Back on track, I stopped cheating for the last month of our relationship because I knew it was wrong and I wanted to work things out so bad. A couple more stressful weeks happened and he broke up with me. Worst pain in the world, because of my regret and at the end of the day I really did love him.

A lot of people ask "why do people cheat?"

The answer to that, is not thinking of the outcome.

I was treated horribly, and I backfired by cheating? See, there's no excuse.

Now I find out he's dating a new girl and the pain is even worse. Like what if I never did that? Would it be different?

Tags: Dating; Friend;

Comments

Friday, November 20, 2015 3:44 AM
me 101

you cheated,,,and like everything,,,somebody told your boyfriend now ex-boyfriend,, he left you did he,,,ex-boyfriend going with another women,,,I bet you wish you never cheated,,was it worth it...

Sunday, November 22, 2015 2:36 AM

hmmm did you try like i dunno....TALKING TO HIM!?

fucking kids man....smh

Monday, November 23, 2015 11:37 AM

So instead of just talking to your boyfriend and trying to fix the issues you decide to have sex with another guy. I'm sorry but you're selfish, heartless and deserve to be dumped.....

Monday, November 23, 2015 12:42 PM

No one likes cheaters, and you're one of them. Please stay single for life, thanks.

Saturday, November 28, 2015 7:59 AM
Dan

What a little slut you are. Your a whore and should be treated like one. Us guys just screw girls like you we never marry them. Good luck with being alone, bitch, slut  , tramp and finally whore.

Sunday, November 29, 2015 3:55 PM

I understand this a lot. I previously don't think you should be in as much heartbreak honestly. This is a lession that you will never forget, and you will find relationships that will be great also, maybe even better, but this time you understand that when you are feeling that way you need to talk it out instead of letting it fester. Ignore the rude comments on this field because honestly the only reason they are acting like this is because they don't understand or were raised in a place where cheaters where seen as scummy nobodies that will never learn, but you know from personal experience that this isn't true. You will find someone else, things will get better, but for now you are dwelling in the past. My advice: Get up, say that you were wrong and you made a mistake and learn from it. Focus on yourself and enchance your problem solving skills, and stop feeling sorry for yourself and lettin the past effect your future. You have a whole life ahead of you, live it. I hope this helps :)

Thursday, December 10, 2015 4:36 AM

"Please think of your outcomes because you don't want to feel this kind of pain from a broken heart." Just brilliant! So profound! Yeah, always think of yourself, and don't care about anyone else. No, I am not going to take this ridiculous advice. I am going to concentrate on never cheating because I never want to hurt anyone else. I am going to make sure that I never lie to my SO to endure I always have a real relationship. I'm always going to be thinking about the interests of my SO. In other words, differently than you, I will care about someone other than myself.

Thursday, January 14, 2016 4:14 PM

If this was a guy would U guys be acting and saying these things. We all make mistakes even to the ones we love. We are all human. Your biggest mistake as was mine was the fact you were never upfront n honest about what you did. Learn from your mistake and just ensure it doesn't happen again. Everyone under your comments except one is a guy are a lonely female. The double standards of cheating is ridiculous. No one is perfect.

Thursday, March 31, 2016 5:25 AM
Lana

Oh God! Another person with the "I love my BF so much" blah blah blah so i had to get another guy's c*ck into me.. Look at me, i'm the victim.. The reality is you are a person of poor character and ingegrity. No morales or values. The sooner you can accept that the soone you will be able to move forward in life.

Thursday, April 28, 2016 12:07 AM

To Bell

do you know why this regret that you still feel, and in fact have?  it's going to stay with you for a long time, but until you finally confess affront to your ex-boyfriend, yes confesss, even if he's still your ex boyfriend.  he probably wants answers. he's probably going to end up finding out (horrible feeling), but I'm telling you (been there),  he'll rather hear it, from you,  it's embarrassing to hear it from someone else.  it makes your character look horrible as well, like if you're bragging, not saying that you are. just tell him. I'm telling you this from experience, because it's happened to me, so take this advice wisely!  to me it sounds like you guys communicated at first, because you stressed out, you talk, it was over, made mends, so resolved.  if that's the case, I don't think he would treat you poorly, because you guys communicate, unless you did something wrong again, now mind you. this is a one-sided story but that's my opinion.  the main reason for my opinion, it's because you still loved him.  so if there was a problem he probably was ignoring you and vice versa, but doesn't excuse you for what you did.  I think both you handle the situation wrong, but you have the most guilt, Why? because you knew better, why would you do that to a guy that's faithful to you?  just confessed and I wish you good luck, and by the way this is a male giving you this advice!

Thursday, May 12, 2016 4:24 AM

You're an emotional cheater. You'll continue this pattern in every SO you will have because it's in your nature. You want that connection with a human being, despite the fact that you already had one. However, you knew full well what you were doing. You can't control how you feel, so it's bound to happen again. No matter how many excuses you use.

- Female Here

Saturday, May 14, 2016 6:46 PM

I just want to say I understand I cheated on my boyfriend who I have been with for years. I felt like he was always picking his friends and self before me so I went out drinking with friends and hooked up with this guy I met, big mistake the the guy was a looser, I think back why did I go from that to that didn't do any good for my self. A few weeks later an aquantence told him about what was going on. He found out we are still togther but he treats me like crap I put up with it sometimes because I'm guilty then found out he was cheating online, Sounds like my relationship is doomed!

Saturday, August 6, 2016 5:19 AM

Wow. May 14 2016 Guest writes my BF found out I'm a cheater now he treats me like crap.  The original poster says her BF started to ignore me, didn't prioritize me & treat me poorly.  All vague lame blanket deflective statements.  I imagine the specifics of these issues are nothing compared to cheating. Whore/victim.

So what does treating poorly or like crap mean? Compare his errors with your cheating whore actions?  What's not prioritizing her enough mean?  Like he has a life of his own that you're not able to be a part of like playing music or things that take skills.  He isn't all thrilled to see you everyday?  He isn't the same now that you revealed the low standard you have for who gets to fuck you?  He isn't talkative enough?  Maybe he's not as cooperative or willing to do tasks as requested?

If he's not hitting you or yelling obscene deragatory remarks or damaging damaging her things he's not treating her like crap or poorly.  He's not obligated to act chivalrous or be your friend anymore.

I get the feeling & know through experience that these sort of labels are often associated with not following her plans or not acting how she wants.  Yup.  She's hurt cuz she broke up with me and I moved then met someone who is more willing to work as a team.  She said she gave up trying to have dinner together when I really decided I wouldnt do all 100% of the grocery shopping & cooking for two anymore.

Friday, August 19, 2016 9:27 PM
Grassainialwaysgreen

Been on both sides of the fence. First as a victim. Girlfriend of 3 years went for a weekend with an ex and later came to find out what she did. Though she apologized, she continued with her philandering ways till I exposed her. That was the game changer. She was pissed off because people in the hood know what she had done. Funny how she regreted being caught and not for the pain and heartache she caused me. Fast forward to 2014, I got a job and started hanging out. Met this lady and we exchanged numbers and then one thing led to another. This time, I was extremely mean t o my girlfriend. I knew cheating was wrong but I just wanted to pay her back for what she did. One day she scrolled my phone and found messages to the other girl. I had told her of my girlfriends cheating in the past. When my girlfriend confronted me, I threw it in her face and told I her "That was payback" since she had never apologized for what she put me through. I rubbed it so hard in her face everytime she started a conversation about this other girl. Things have improved now but I can say one thing. If you have cheated or cheated on, it's hard to regain trust. Your spouse or fiance won't view you the same again. I have had friends who have cheated and who still cheat and realize they just don't know what they're getting themselves into. Cheating ain't worth it and certainly there is no justification for it. Just stop being selfish and self-centered. I used to tell my girlfriend this relationship is about "Us" not I and me and myself. Bottomline is when you love somebody, you won't have reason to look at the other side.

Sunday, September 4, 2016 4:23 PM

WOMAN KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MEN.....YOU MUST KNOW MEN DOWN LIKE TO SHOW EMOTION AND YOU SAID STRESSFUL THEN HES PROBABLY TRING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO SAY SOMETHING WITHOUT BREAKING DOWN AND WHEN MEN ARE SAD THEY JUST KEEP IT IN MAKING IT REALLY HARD FOR THEM WOMAN ARE FAMILIAR WITH FEELING MEN ARNT HES PROBABLY HURT MORE THAN  YOU WWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 10:46 PM by Guest

Comments
Wednesday, November 30, 2016 3:33 PM by Brian

Comments
Wednesday, November 23, 2016 8:05 AM by Just horny

Comments
My current situation is I'm engaged to be married next year.. been with my fiancé for 7&1/2 yrs now.  I love him but we're not sexually compatible. When we first met we had sex all the time and it was great! We went through a rough patch last year and our sex life just fizzled.. it's quite sad really. I had an honest conversation with him letting him know I have needs and I need sex from him a..