Now he's gone and I'm moving on

I cheated on my husband

Thursday, August 13, 2015 6:50 PM by Bree Rating: +10|-28

My husband and I had an "open" relationiship. We had a friend staying over for a while, who was a truck driver and needed somewhere to crash for 2 weeks while he was in town. I asked my husbands permission to fool around with him. He gave me the permission, only saying that sex was off limits. I agreed and we began fooling around.

For some time I had been unhappy with my husband, and had been constantly asking him to do this or do that, to love me like he used to. He didn't help around the house, never did the stuff I asked but I always bent over backwards for him. So me and our friend started hanging out more, fooling around and something changed. I felt so happy when I was around him, so carefree and truly loved. I began to fall in love with him, all the while trying to save my marriage. One night, after many times of being in the same position but ultimitly walking away, my friend and I had sex. And it was some of the best sex I had ever had, him only being my second partner ever.

I came back to husband, trying even harder now to save our marriage, begging him to spoil me, to love me right. Our friend left but we continued to talk. Finally my husband and i sat down and the truth came out. I loved our friend. But i wanted to try to work out things with my husband. We ended up spending the night at a friends house because our ac went out. We then proceeded to argue and eventually, he wanted an ultimate answer. I in turn took my wedding ring off, saying i needed time to myself. We had been together since we were 17, now 25. No kids. That night our marriage ended, and I came back alone to my house. He came the next day, not wanting to talk, but instead to move out. I still at this time wanted to try and make it work. But I knew that I loved our friend, even tho he was not there due to being a truck driver. Few weeks later, husband has not talked to me, and I continue to fall in love and plan on pursing a life with my friend. My husband then goes to my parents and tell them everything, causing my entire family to hate me. No one wants to talk to me and no one wants my side of the story. I just needed to get this all out there, even  anonymously, because I know. I know I went about things the wrong way, I know I should have waited. But I am really truly happy for the first time in a long time. He's coming back in two weeks and i can't wait to see him! A part of me is baffled my husband didn't ever try to get me back. Never tried to persuade me to stay with him. But this is where my life is now. I am learning to be independent and take care of myself.

I hate how badly I hurt my husband. But I am so happy and excited to see where my future takes me.

Comments

Saturday, August 15, 2015 12:43 AM
Guest5

Go on the road with the truck driver lover friend for a while. it's like RV traveling. You and your husband both agreed to an open relationship, obviously you both do not value your relationhip as exclusive. You have no kids, so now is your opptorunity to explore life with others. Just be sure the truck driver lover friend does not abandon you at a truck stop...

Saturday, October 3, 2015 6:18 PM

My only comment would be....

Dont let this be an issue. Move on. Learn from it.

You arent the type of woman who can handle an open relationship without developing feelings or making excusees as to why you should get more involved with someone. Your husband not giving you enough attention or helping around the house isnt an excuse to cheat. Permission or not...cheating is cheating as soon as you involve more than your body.

Pursue this with your friend, but learn from your past errors in judgement.

Monday, October 5, 2015 3:05 AM

you are a cheating slut and you deserved to be left.

you broke his heart, and he gave you clear rules in the open relationship.

i hope he gets the house and all the assets.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 10:07 PM

I can explain why your husband didn't try to keep it going. The marriage was a mortally wounded suffering animal. He put it down as painlessly as he could. He was a gentleman. Get on with your life with the new guy. He already gave you permission. Be happy again.

Friday, April 1, 2016 4:33 AM

Why would anyone fight for an unfaithful b****?

Friday, July 22, 2016 11:23 PM

Honestly;  i dont think you childish slut deserve to get what you call happiness quest

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 6:37 AM by T