Reasons why you shouldn't vent to someone of the other gender

I cheated on my girlfriend

Sunday, August 21, 2016 1:41 AM by Guest Rating: +2|-7

Me and my girlfriend have been together way longer than we've expected everyone sees us as this perfect couple but in reality we have a few problems one is she doesn't trust me and that makes me really insecure in who I am in this relationship so I vent to a girl about it and feeling the emotional support she gives me I decided to get comfortable with her get drunk and cheat on my girlfriend this is so hard because how do I do that to the person I care for the most I don't no what to do but to just sit there and take all the blame and I can't use being accused of being unfaithful lead me to be unfaithful I just have to take the blame

Comments

Sunday, August 21, 2016 3:21 PM
ALF

Yes, you have to take the blame for the cheating.  You own that one 100%.  But I would also suggest that you take a step back and take a good, hard look at your relationship with your girlfriend.  Has she ever told you that she doesn't trust you?  If she has been doing this, your relationship with her isn't going anywhere.  Trust is an essential part of any relationship.  She can't expect to have a good relationship is she doesn't trust.  And neither should you.  You say her mistrust makes you feel insecure.  Perhaps that's because you don't truly trust her either.  If you can't trust each other you'd both be better off without each other.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 10:18 AM
TheBestAdvice

It seems like you are saying you should take the blame, but then you sound like you are blaming your girlfriend. In a relationship you have three ways to deal with a problem.

1) You can live with the problem.

2) You can fix the problem.

3) You can leave the relationship.

In a relationship it is fair to do any of those things.  Staying in the relationship, but cheating is not something you can blame on your partner.  You did that, not her.  I suggest that you work really hard to fix things and if you can't then leave

Tuesday, August 8, 2017 8:28 PM by KEISHA KORE

17K
Comments
Confessions of the Mistress   “Life has taught me that you can’t control someone’s loyalty.  No matter how good you are to them it doesn’t mean that they will treat you the same way.”   It seemed as though my life was spinning out of control.  Too many, it seemed I had it together.  Others knew I was just barely hanging on.  And I was.  I was fighting depression alone, now raising chi..
Tuesday, August 8, 2017 5:36 PM by Tony84

25K
Comments
Okay, so my marriage wasn't doing great, but I didn't think it was that bad. I have PTSD and my depression just made everything bad for her. She had told me the separation would help our marriage. Well, months later I found out she was with her boss...from the job she took one month after leaving me. Everyone saw the signs and so did I, she was cheating on me. I found out her messaging password ..
Tuesday, August 1, 2017 8:38 PM by Jeff j

27K
Comments
So it all started back in the summer of 2016 my wife was just a few months into her new job. She had left the ems field for a 8 to 5 job. To be home with are two boys more. A little about us we meet in 2008 got married in 2010 had two bright and handsome boys. Back to what happened not to long after she started her new job about 5 month in her job site lost a co worker to a car accident. She she..