Travelled all across the world to be with him before finding out he had been cheating

My boyfriend cheated on me

Monday, June 6, 2016 5:49 PM by Cynthia Rating: +3|-1

Hi, everyone.

My name is Cynthia and I'm a 24 year old girl from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I met the guy who I thought was the love of my life through Skype's language community three years ago. He is from the United States and we hit it off right away. We developed an amazing connection and built an online distance relationship in which we saw each other twice a year. The time came for us to make a decision about what to do about it and I decided to give everything for him. I hold a BA in translation, but I was studying to become an interpreter. I dropped out school and quit my job and moved to Illinois to be with him. We had to get married in order to be together, and that was the plan, but a month before the wedding I found out he had been cheating on me for around a year. Our intimacy level wasn't the best through the distance, even though I did everything in my power to help him open up with me and share any kind of sexual activity with me. However, I really believed we had a relationship mature enough for us to discuss possibilities such as having an open relationship. I couldn't believe he betrayed my trust like that. This was two weeks ago. I'm still living with him but we broke up and I'm not sure whether I want to work things out or not. I haven't told my parents or other people because I don't want them to worry, since they are half the world away and can't really do much. I'm basically alone in this new country and don't have friends besides my ex-boyfriend's, who obviously don't know about this. He really wants to make things work and he still wants to marry me. I feel that I need to find myself again. I guess I came to this website looking for other people who are in a similar situation and who feel they need to talk about it with someone who understands what they are going through. If you feel that you wanna talk, please don't hesitate to send me a message, maybe we can help each other out. Thanks for reading!

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 6:46 AM

The fact that your not married and you only saw each twice a year makes a difference. He has been waiting for you to come and be with him everyday and now that you are I think you can make the relationship much stronger. I think you need to focus on the fact that now you can please him any and every day. Don't become weak because of the situation be stronger. A man wants his woman around alllllll the time. And now you are. I say go for it. I believe you will be happy

Saturday, June 18, 2016 9:22 PM

Hi, I'm kind of in the same shoes as you are. Im from europe and live in america the same way you do, with the same promises. I'm 27 now, we met when we was 23, in canada. We lived together there 2 years, then i had to go back home for 6 moths, and he came back to the US. He asked me to come back. So i did, for over 2 years, and i dont know what to do either. All i hear is promises... Let me know if you wanna talk a little bit more about this situation.

Thursday, October 20, 2016 5:17 PM by dave
Cheating Wife +32|-10
My wife found out that I had posted pics of her topless to friends of mine on the old msn,she told her boss about it one day at the small firm she worked at,he took her to his office and they chatted for over an hour before driving out in his car,they returned an hour or so later and she carried on with her work,a few days later she was seen driving out of the yard and a minute later the boss dro..
Thursday, October 20, 2016 6:03 AM by Ctor
Neighbor +12|-2
My gf and I are very much in love and are planning to get married.  Our neighbor is single and she comes over with her various boyfriends from time to time when we have our weekly get togethers.  Last weekend I was getting on the elevator and as the doors were closing, she popped on, too.  She was coming back from shopping, her hair pulled up, her hoodie showing just the right amount of cleveage...
Thursday, September 29, 2016 11:43 PM by Jane
Seven Year Itch +87|-26
My husband and I had been married for seven years and we were not really communicating very much. We had settled into a comfortable place but yet I felt so alone. We had two daughters and I started going to the local community college three times a week. My husband and I were still having lots of sex but I still wasn't get my needs met. When I started back to school I would take the car and drive..