Travelled all across the world to be with him before finding out he had been cheating

My boyfriend cheated on me

Monday, June 6, 2016 5:49 PM by Cynthia Rating: +3|-1

Hi, everyone.

My name is Cynthia and I'm a 24 year old girl from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I met the guy who I thought was the love of my life through Skype's language community three years ago. He is from the United States and we hit it off right away. We developed an amazing connection and built an online distance relationship in which we saw each other twice a year. The time came for us to make a decision about what to do about it and I decided to give everything for him. I hold a BA in translation, but I was studying to become an interpreter. I dropped out school and quit my job and moved to Illinois to be with him. We had to get married in order to be together, and that was the plan, but a month before the wedding I found out he had been cheating on me for around a year. Our intimacy level wasn't the best through the distance, even though I did everything in my power to help him open up with me and share any kind of sexual activity with me. However, I really believed we had a relationship mature enough for us to discuss possibilities such as having an open relationship. I couldn't believe he betrayed my trust like that. This was two weeks ago. I'm still living with him but we broke up and I'm not sure whether I want to work things out or not. I haven't told my parents or other people because I don't want them to worry, since they are half the world away and can't really do much. I'm basically alone in this new country and don't have friends besides my ex-boyfriend's, who obviously don't know about this. He really wants to make things work and he still wants to marry me. I feel that I need to find myself again. I guess I came to this website looking for other people who are in a similar situation and who feel they need to talk about it with someone who understands what they are going through. If you feel that you wanna talk, please don't hesitate to send me a message, maybe we can help each other out. Thanks for reading!

Comments

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 6:46 AM

The fact that your not married and you only saw each twice a year makes a difference. He has been waiting for you to come and be with him everyday and now that you are I think you can make the relationship much stronger. I think you need to focus on the fact that now you can please him any and every day. Don't become weak because of the situation be stronger. A man wants his woman around alllllll the time. And now you are. I say go for it. I believe you will be happy

Saturday, June 18, 2016 9:22 PM
Mea

Hi, I'm kind of in the same shoes as you are. Im from europe and live in america the same way you do, with the same promises. I'm 27 now, we met when we was 23, in canada. We lived together there 2 years, then i had to go back home for 6 moths, and he came back to the US. He asked me to come back. So i did, for over 2 years, and i dont know what to do either. All i hear is promises... Let me know if you wanna talk a little bit more about this situation.

Thursday, March 16, 2017 4:28 PM by Guest

Comments
I have been dating my girlfriend for 2 years now. Before we started dating she had a relationship with one of my friends. She doesnt consider him an ex-boyfriend, he was more of a fling that lasted about a month. I was well aware of it at the time. My relationship with my girlfriend has been a little rocky as of late. And i have noticed she has been venting to that guy friend thru text. A month ..
Friday, March 10, 2017 2:31 AM by Guest

Comments
During the 3rd month of our relationship, i was at work on a friday night. One of our male friend called my girlfriend and asked her to come to his birthday party at a bar. She went for about an hour and said her goodbyes. Birthday boy suggested he walk her to her car. Not sure what happened in the bar and not sure what occurred during this short walk to her car but they ended up making out. Girl..
Thursday, March 9, 2017 11:11 AM by Eman

Comments
Me and my girl have been going steady for about 3 years. We aren't a perfect couple we sometimes get in fights as everyone else does. We go periods without talking but we have never left or thought about leaving each other. One day we we are in a usual fight and she's talking to a friend of hers, who is also a mutual friend of mine. He begins to ask me questions about what I'm doing with othe..