Unsure if I fucked up

I cheated on my boyfriend

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 10:43 PM by Guest Rating: +7|-9

I've been in a long distance relationship with my boyfriend for almost two years. We have been long distance through out the entire relationship. We are both in college and see each other every 3-5 months. We fell in love with one another and made plans for a future together. Our families are emotionally invested in our relationship as well. I fell in love with him because he treats me like no man has ever treated me, he is extremely supportive, always has my back no matter what, always available, understands me, gives me the attention I need, is stable and grounds me, and so on. Obviously, long distance relationships are inconvenient because the physical element is missing, but it never bothered me until I met another guy. I did not plan on developing feelings for this other guy and could not have possibly prepared for the instant connection that we had. The other guy excels at all of my boyfriend's weaknesses. The other guy is spontaneous, ambitious, hardworking, and challenges me to reach my full potential, we have extremely intimate sex, and I am attracted to him physically. Also, he is actually here. Entertaining the other guy's company forced me to second guess my relationship. I visited my boyfriend recently to see how I felt around him and came to the conclusion that I didn't have intimate feelings for him anymore. I told him about all of my concerns and he was willing to work on them. Things started to get back to normal for us and I wanted to give our relationship a second chance. However, I constantly found myself second guessing the relationship and whether or not we should break up. We broke up today because he was sick of waiting for me to make up my mind. He has no idea about the other guy. I'm wondering if I am making a huge mistake by ending a relationship with someone that loves me unconditionally. If I never had a problem with my relationship until I met this other guy, should I drop the other guy and make it work? What is more important...being with someone that loves you unconditionally or being with someone that you feel passionately about?

Tags: Long Distance Relationships;

Comments

Thursday, November 12, 2015 1:13 AM
me 101

if both boyfriend found out ,,,they will leave you ,,,

Thursday, November 12, 2015 5:18 AM

Maybe you should take a break from both guys and figure out what your missing. You cheated so, that relationship is over and you should tell him. You don't deserve him for cheating and the least you can do is NOT drag this along for your selfish reasons. I personally can't stand a cheating slut and only you can fix it.

Thursday, November 12, 2015 8:33 AM

I don't understand, did the other guy know about your boyfriend or were they both olivious of each other? If he knew and you both consciously betrayed your boyfriend, then I'd definitely stay away, that's an incredble cruel way to start a relationship and it won't last since there will never be any real trust between you. On the other hand, if he didn't know, and the passion is genuine and mutual, then it might work but you have to hell him about the ex so that he can make his own decision. I guess what I'm trying to say is that in the end it all comes down to trust. You can of course choose to do neither, but in my experience that's pure torture psychologically. I hope you find a way to work it out!

Thursday, November 12, 2015 5:09 PM

Isn't a bit unfair to say that the other guy excels at your boyfriends weaknesses when you are both doing the same thing, that is studying at college? It sounds to me that if your boyfriend was willing to work on your relationship despite of the distance and how you felt, he was nothing but ambitious, hard working and challenging you to put in the same effort. I of course also assume that you were attracted physically to your boyfriend as well. I don't want to be crude but it reads as if the sex is the only thing that made you change your mind and although that is understandable in a way, it's never the less a pretty weak and cowardly reason if you don't even have the guts to tell your boyfriend. Sorry.

Sunday, November 15, 2015 4:37 PM

Yea you're terrible.

Saturday, November 28, 2015 3:34 PM

Omg how can you be for real. You question yourself when you are simply selfish greedy and so bad you should do your original boyfriend a great favour and tell him what you have been doing behind his back. You do not deserve him and he does not deserve to waste his love on you. How can you believe you should have control over this situation : talk about having your cake and eat it :

you are despicable and it's almost unbelievable that you come here for some advice which can only be take your sickening bahaviour and co liar and live in your squalid existence for you do not deserve to be happy

Just shaking my head in disbelief

Monday, March 7, 2016 1:26 PM

Tell him because he has no clue what he has done wrong. This is important, because he will allways aks himself what he did wrong so that he lost the perfect girl (from his point of view as someone who unconditionally loved you).

Tell him that the only reason for breaking up was that you started to REGULARELY fuck another guy (i guess yo did not regret because you repeated fucking another guy) while your relationship was still stable. Tell him you leave him for "passion" (=cock)

Sorry for my bad english

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 3:23 PM by Guest30F

Comments
I was in a long distance relationship with my husband and met him after 4 months. He was living in a 3 bedroom apartment with his best friend. In the evening we had a small party at his flat and three of us drank together (Me, hubby and his friend). I am very much in love with my husband and never imagined to even touch any other man. But that day I dont know what happend just after two drinks i ..
Tuesday, February 14, 2017 12:50 AM by Guest

2004
Comments
Sorry. I need to vent. I suspect my wife is cheating on me with my best friend. I had wrote this story also on another site. Most comments believe there is something going on and that im not crazy. Years ago my bestfriend went on a few dates with this really attractive girl. He said he was going to bang the hell out of her. He was extremely attracted to her. He introduced me to her.  After 2-3 w..
Sunday, February 12, 2017 1:01 AM by Guest

Comments
I am a sophomore in college and I have been dating my boyfriend for a year. Everyone thinks our relationship is perfect; and for the most part it is, he is my first my love and I want to marry him one day. But those little things are so hard to forget, and I find myself focusing on them. This, paired with my flirty personality, have put me in very complicated situations. I met a guy who I've neve..