What do I deserve?

I cheated on my wife

Sunday, June 5, 2016 11:02 PM by Guest Rating: +5|-3

I cheated on my wife. I have loved and supported her for over 5 years at the expense of many things in my life. My wife is a survivor of childhood incestuous abuse. This fact has created unimaginable difficulties in our relationship. Trust, emotional and physical intimacy, you name it.. it has always been a tremendous struggle. But she's my love and life.. how do you connect and maintain a healthy marriage with someone who may not be able to give what you need? How do you live knowing that all your time and energy will always be used to help her with her struggles, while you remain in the dark without any reciprocal support? It's sad, it's infuriating, it's mind numbing. I was a very good husband, I always respected her need for physical space without getting pouty or mad. I always respected her for her devotion and conviction to her career. I was a stay at home husband for 2 years. I cleaned, cooked, organized and took care of our two dogs to maintain a stress free environment as best I could, but it was never enough. I could never give her back that feeling of trust and safety that was taken from her so many years ago. If all that wasn't hard enough, I also had to interact and build a father son relationship with the man that did these horrible things to my wife!!! I know what your could you stomach having to sit and politely converse with a man who robbed your wife of her innocence? How can sit down to a meal and push out all the horrible stories and images from your mind? The answer is you just do. She forgave him, so what right did I have resenting him. It has nearly killed me. Our relationship had begun to weaken. Like a bleeding deer struggling to maintain its breath, as the life slowly flows out, one heartbeat at a time. I tried talking about my feelings, I tried talking about my insecurities. It was met with hostility and impatients. So I had no choice but to sink into a dark world of loneliness where I could bury my feelings without them being an inconvenience to anyone. I started a new job almost a year ago where I met a beautiful kind woman who for the first time in years made this old broken carnival ride spin and twirl like new again. She listened to me, she hugged me, she loved me. We had an instant connection unlike anything I've ever felt, but we were both married. We both were terrified at the thought of betraying our spouses. We could not hide our feelings for long, so we each left our partners to begin a life where we mattered. We decided to not be together for a while until we each healed from the separation, which I agreed to. Even though we were separated, my wife still lived with me because she could not afford her own place yet. I told her that I had developed feelings for this woman at work. I told her that this was not the only reason I left her, but it did play a part. It didn't matter.. I was still a cheater, I was still a lying jerk who viciously betrayed her. A slime ball just looking to get layed. To be completely honest, sex was the last thing on both our minds. We were attracted to each other, but we just needed a connection, a connection where our feelings and thoughts mattered. Regardless it has been nearly three months and I'm still loving and supporting my ex despite the intense level of emotional and sometimes physical abuse..hourly, daily, weekly. The woman I fell in love with went back to her husband because she couldn't afford to divorce him. We are no longer speaking cause she felt I was a horrible mistake that she will keep hidden the rest of her life. Sounds like an aweful way to live. I don't honestly know which is worse.. living a lie everyday? Or being punished everyday for needing love. I take responsibility for what I've done, but I will never apologize following my heart.

Tags: Abuse; Divorce;

Monday, June 6, 2016 10:20 PM

Cheating is no excuse but I personally  understand  you.  I was with a women who went through  the same situation  with her father. I tell you what I would  never ever get into a relationship  with any women  who was sexually  abused in any way. I personally  think they shouldn't  get involve in a relationship. I know in sounds  mean but it's not fair for the other person. I got called a pervert for wanting to be intimate  with my wife. It was all about her, her problems and all the meanwhile  ignoring  mine. The last straw was when she accused me of doing  it to my own daughter.  She ( my daughter ) was 15 at the time and had my back. My daughter  and I have a great relationship. My daughter  is 23 now. Sadly  because  of her accusations  I left her and found someone else and I'm happier  then ever. My ex has gone through 4 relationship  and has tried  to win  me back but no thanks. The majority of the people who have been abuse in that way never recover. Don't  be her savior nor her therapist because no matter what you do it will not help. Find a mentally  healthy  women and move on.

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 12:58 AM

You should of never gotten involve  with her to begin with.  The other women who said you were a mistake  doesn't  realize  the only mistake was her husband  believing  a two time slut.  Find someone else sexually  assaulted  women are screwed  in the head. They need to see a psychologist  before  getting involve with anyone.

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 5:43 PM

Damaged goods. There are a lot of people that have a lot of problems. When you marry them guess what? You marry their problems too! Unfortunately, many people are so desperate to find love that they overlook serious emotional/mental problems and wind up in a nightmare. Move on and don't look back.

Friday, August 5, 2016 6:29 AM

Wow! I was a victim of incest and I'm not messed up. I've been married to the same man for 23 years. He is my best friend and is always there for me and I'm there for him. Not all incest victims have issues. Some can get past the abuse and live happy fulfilling lives. I feel bad for your wife. She has had betrayal all her life by people she loves. It's a bad place to be. Shame on you for using her abuse as an excuse to cheat.

Monday, September 12, 2016 10:17 AM

You can't save her.  You have serious issues that need your attention.  Save yourself while Ytou still can.

Friday, October 21, 2016 7:21 PM by Guest
mr +36|-25
I never thought id be on one of these tell all sites but i just have to get it off my chest. Ill tell it as it happened, im not innocent. We're in our mid 40s and socialise frequently with our neighbours Dave n Kerry who are late 30s. Several months ago I gave Kerry a lift home from her work function and we had a very brief drunken kissing session in my car in which I briefly felt her (rather lar..
Thursday, October 20, 2016 5:17 PM by dave
Cheating Wife +116|-47
My wife found out that I had posted pics of her topless to friends of mine on the old msn,she told her boss about it one day at the small firm she worked at,he took her to his office and they chatted for over an hour before driving out in his car,they returned an hour or so later and she carried on with her work,a few days later she was seen driving out of the yard and a minute later the boss dro..
Thursday, October 20, 2016 6:03 AM by Ctor
Neighbor +30|-14
My gf and I are very much in love and are planning to get married.  Our neighbor is single and she comes over with her various boyfriends from time to time when we have our weekly get togethers.  Last weekend I was getting on the elevator and as the doors were closing, she popped on, too.  She was coming back from shopping, her hair pulled up, her hoodie showing just the right amount of cleveage...