Why would she do this?

My girlfriend cheated on me

Thursday, August 25, 2016 7:37 PM by Bonnie Rating: +8|-8

Many months ago I was in a long distance relationship. I had reason to suspect my girlfriend was cheating on me. Let's call her Jane and let's call the "mistress" John. (What do they call a male mistress?) Far as I was aware Jane and John were constantly spending time with each other. Jane's sister even suspected it when she saw them being a little too friendly with each other. But at that time it still wasn't enough to be 100% sure. Months later John dies for an unrelated reason. Jane was heavily grief stricken. But that reason can't confirm crap. John left everything to her. Okay getting more suspicious. She gave me his car since he drove a 2012 Honda Civic Lx Manual. She doesn't know how to drive a manual. I do. We soon broke up for unrelated reasons. (I'm not lying.) I'm cleaning out this car, getting ready to sell it, because I have a thing against foreign automakers. (I come from a family of Ford Factory Workers who worked in the Dearborn, MI plant. It's how I was brought up.) I find a burner phone in the glove box. It wasn't pin protected so I snooped in it. It was Jane's. She used it to text John all kinda os things. One of them was arranging a hookup. Then one dated the next day talking about how good the sex was. Then one saying that she's going to give him the phone and he was supposed to destroy it. John never did. I'm hurt. I can't believe this is true. Why would she do this? How does someone recover from this kind of hit below the belt? How should I confront her?

Comments

Saturday, August 27, 2016 4:47 PM
ALF

This is a long distance relationship and she just wasn't into it.  No need to confront her.  Just drop her and move on to greener pastures.

Sunday, August 28, 2016 12:44 AM
Moeman

It's not your fault. You weren't there, and she wanted Mr Now. She was vulnerable. Be glad you found out before you in too deep. I know it hurts, but don't let that discourage you to find your soulmate. Jane wasn't the one.

Sunday, September 18, 2016 2:25 PM
TheBestAdvice

There's nothing to be gained by confronting her. The only reason that you ar considering it because you haven't let her go completely. I'm sure she's move on. She moved on while the two of you were still together. She probably cares for you on some level, but she isn't suitable relationship material. Be glad you got a car out of the deal and move on.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 1:45 AM by Guest

2068
Comments
A few weeks ago my wife was a bit drunk and we started talking. I knew she had cheated on me before but she finally admitted it. She had sex with 3 other men in the last 29 years. 2 of them for over a year. She told me 2 of them were hung and that she was adicted to that. She broke down and told me everything in detail about what they did and what it was like. One of them was married and his w..
Saturday, January 14, 2017 6:08 PM by Guest

Comments
I've been with my husband for 4 years we've been living together ever since.  A year after I moved in with him I found out he was talking to one of his co-workers and almost sure he was having sex with her. 8 confronted him about it like always trying to act like the victim and trying to turn the tables around on me. I forgave him and stayed which I know was not the smartest thing to do but  I lo..
Thursday, January 12, 2017 5:49 AM by badelement

Comments
I am a married woman for past 21 years. I am happily married. My Ex BF lives in another country. Yet I am not able to forget my Ex BF. I have met him twice since I got married (21 years) to have sex. We chat on regular basis. We both live very far from each other (5000 miles). I keep on lying and cheating on my husband. My Ex BF is also happily married. We both keep on making new email addresses..