Why would she do this?

My girlfriend cheated on me

Thursday, August 25, 2016 7:37 PM by Bonnie Rating: +8|-8

Many months ago I was in a long distance relationship. I had reason to suspect my girlfriend was cheating on me. Let's call her Jane and let's call the "mistress" John. (What do they call a male mistress?) Far as I was aware Jane and John were constantly spending time with each other. Jane's sister even suspected it when she saw them being a little too friendly with each other. But at that time it still wasn't enough to be 100% sure. Months later John dies for an unrelated reason. Jane was heavily grief stricken. But that reason can't confirm crap. John left everything to her. Okay getting more suspicious. She gave me his car since he drove a 2012 Honda Civic Lx Manual. She doesn't know how to drive a manual. I do. We soon broke up for unrelated reasons. (I'm not lying.) I'm cleaning out this car, getting ready to sell it, because I have a thing against foreign automakers. (I come from a family of Ford Factory Workers who worked in the Dearborn, MI plant. It's how I was brought up.) I find a burner phone in the glove box. It wasn't pin protected so I snooped in it. It was Jane's. She used it to text John all kinda os things. One of them was arranging a hookup. Then one dated the next day talking about how good the sex was. Then one saying that she's going to give him the phone and he was supposed to destroy it. John never did. I'm hurt. I can't believe this is true. Why would she do this? How does someone recover from this kind of hit below the belt? How should I confront her?

Comments

Saturday, August 27, 2016 4:47 PM
ALF

This is a long distance relationship and she just wasn't into it.  No need to confront her.  Just drop her and move on to greener pastures.

Sunday, August 28, 2016 12:44 AM
Moeman

It's not your fault. You weren't there, and she wanted Mr Now. She was vulnerable. Be glad you found out before you in too deep. I know it hurts, but don't let that discourage you to find your soulmate. Jane wasn't the one.

Sunday, September 18, 2016 2:25 PM
TheBestAdvice

There's nothing to be gained by confronting her. The only reason that you ar considering it because you haven't let her go completely. I'm sure she's move on. She moved on while the two of you were still together. She probably cares for you on some level, but she isn't suitable relationship material. Be glad you got a car out of the deal and move on.

Thursday, March 16, 2017 4:28 PM by Guest

Comments
I have been dating my girlfriend for 2 years now. Before we started dating she had a relationship with one of my friends. She doesnt consider him an ex-boyfriend, he was more of a fling that lasted about a month. I was well aware of it at the time. My relationship with my girlfriend has been a little rocky as of late. And i have noticed she has been venting to that guy friend thru text. A month ..
Friday, March 10, 2017 2:31 AM by Guest

Comments
During the 3rd month of our relationship, i was at work on a friday night. One of our male friend called my girlfriend and asked her to come to his birthday party at a bar. She went for about an hour and said her goodbyes. Birthday boy suggested he walk her to her car. Not sure what happened in the bar and not sure what occurred during this short walk to her car but they ended up making out. Girl..
Thursday, March 9, 2017 11:11 AM by Eman

Comments
Me and my girl have been going steady for about 3 years. We aren't a perfect couple we sometimes get in fights as everyone else does. We go periods without talking but we have never left or thought about leaving each other. One day we we are in a usual fight and she's talking to a friend of hers, who is also a mutual friend of mine. He begins to ask me questions about what I'm doing with othe..